Designed in 1848 by Richard Cromwell Carpenter (1812-55), tower
by his son Richard Herbert Carpenter (1841-93), narthex added
1874 by G.F.Bodley (1827-1907).
Screen by Bodley, lectern by Hardman. Chancel roof decoration by
Bodley. Chancel arch paintings by Clayton & Bell.
Original reredos, by Burne Jones, now in Brighton Museum.
Stained glass by A.W.N.Pugin and Kempe.
Built for H.M.Wagner and his son Arthur D.Wagner.
For index of other churches in this location or by this architect see
posts 101 and 102, June 2013.
Click to enlarge the photos.
Street and sea front context.
Entrance access corridor.