Church by Samuel Sanders Teulon, (1812-73). Tower never built.
It cost £8,000 to build.
The church was remodelled in 1890-92 by W.H.Romayne-Walker, who added
the octagonal vestry at the extreme corner of the triangular site.
Font cover, pulpit chancel screen also by Romayne-Walker.
Carvings, in particular on the chancel arch, are by Thomas Earp.
Reredos in imitation of 13C Italian work.
Stained glass by Clayton & Bell and C.E.Kempe.The church is in the centre of Hastings on the corner of
Robertson Street and Trinity Street.
Most photos by RT April 2014, others from internet sources, gratefully
acknowledged. Any copyright material removed on request.
Index to locations and architects on posts 100 and 101.
Click to enlarge the photos.
The tower originally planned.