228 - T.H.Rushforth: St Margaret, Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire, 1858.
Designed in 1858 by Thomas Henry Rushforth (1827-1908).
Welsh Bicknor is an area in a dead end peninsular of land formed by the River
Wye, 6.5 miles south of Ross on Wye; the nearest village is Goodrich. The
church has no road access, but is situated beside the river and can be reached
from a rough track which leads to the Youth Hostel, HR9 6JJ, which was once
The church is now closed and has been sold to local Courtfield estate, who
probably built it in the first place.
Photos by RT, April, 2014.
For comments and queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For index of other churches in this location or by this architect see
posts 101 and 102, June 2013.
Click to enlarge the photos.
The church tower glimpsed through the trees as one approaches.