223 - Sir Arthur Blomfield & H.S. Goodhart-Rendell: St John the Evangelist, St Leonards, E.Sussex. 1883-1960.
Tower and west end of nave by Sir Arthur William Blomfield, (1829-99). These
are the remains of the church built in 1880-83 but mostly destroyed by
bombs in 1943.
The remainder of the church is by Harry S. Goodhart-Rendel (1887-59) who rebuilt
the church in 1951-58.
The church ison the corners of Brittany Road, Upper Maze Hill and Pevensey Road, TN38 0RD.
Photos by RT, April, 2014.
For comments and queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For index of other churches in this location or by this architect see
posts 101 and 102, June 2013.
Click to enlarge the photos.